George & Fred Weasley
"The thing about growing up with Fred and George, is that you sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve."
- —Ginny Weasley on Fred and George.
- George Weasley
- Molly: "I don’t believe it! I don’t believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That’s everyone in the family!"
- George: "What are Fred and I, next-door neighbors?"
- — George after Ron becomes a Prefect
George Weasley (b. 1 April, 1978) was a pure-blood wizard, son of Molly and Arthur Weasley, brother of Bill, Charlie, Percy, Ron, Ginny, and twin brother of the late Fred Weasley. George's first few years were marked by the height of the First Wizarding War and the downfall of Lord Voldemort when he was just three years old. He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1989 to 1996 with Fred, and was Sorted into Gryffindor house. He and Fred were popular students, becoming Beaters for the Gryffindor Quidditch team in their second year, and members of Dumbledore's Army in their unfinished seventh year. A born prankster and inventor, George left Hogwarts prior to graduation to become a successful entrepreneur, alongside his twin brother, and opened the joke shop Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes at 93 Diagon Alley. He was a member of the Order of the Phoenix and fought in the Battle of the Seven Potters and the Battle of Hogwarts; in the latter, Fred died, leaving George devastated. Sometime after the end of the Second Wizarding War, George married Angelina Johnson, with whom he had a son he named Fred, in honour of his late twin, and a daughter named Roxanne.
- "If you must know, when I was three, Fred turned my — my teddy bear into a great big filthy spider because I broke his toy broomstick..."
- —Ron Weasley explaining the origin of his arachnophobia
- Fred Weasley (1 April, 1978 - 2 May, 1998) was a pure-blood wizard, a son of Molly and Arthur Weasley, brother to Bill, Charlie, Percy, Ron and Ginny Weasley, and twin brother to George Weasley. He was a toddler during the height of the First Wizarding War and was three when Lord Voldemort fell for the first time. He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1989 to 1996 and was sorted into Gryffindor house. Both he and his twin brother were popular students, known for their sense of humour, pranks, and Beaters for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. In their seventh year, they joined Dumbledore's Army.
A brilliant prankster and inventor, Fred left Hogwarts shortly prior to graduation to become a successful entrepreneur, alongside his twin brother, George, and opened the joke shop Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes in Diagon Alley. Fred was also a member of the Order of the Phoenix; he fought in the Battle of the Seven Potters in 1997 and was a commentator for Potterwatch during the height of the Second Wizarding War. In 1998, Fred participated in the Battle of Hogwarts, defending the castle's passageways with his twin. While fighting alongside his brother, Percy, he was killed in an explosion.